Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Still Christmas Around Here!

I was reading blogs right before the holidays, and several folks had beautiful quilts they'd bought for almost nothing, and I was whining because I never found deals like that. So I went to Craig's List. And, lo and behold, there was a quilt on sale for $25!!! It was cute! It was Christmas!! It was made for a church bazaar!! And I bought it.

All I had to do to "fix" it was tack down the tree at the bottom.  Somebody fused, but didn't sew.  And then I washed it.  It is not an exceptional quilt, but I think it's cute.  I've since bought a few little buttons to embellish.  I have snowflakes for the tree.
This Santa is my favorite block.

There is a nice variety of blocks and fabric.  I'm happy with my purchase.
But now I'm addicted to going to Craig's list.  I've found another quilt I want, but it's near Nashville, and I think I should probably just sew another instead of buying some.  The Christmas quilt is coming along nicely. I had some design advice from Grace, who is staying with us during the day until school starts.  Pictures in the next day or two!

Hope someone is reading this! Let me know!

No comments: