Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The reason I'm getting nothing done.....

We have had a great few days.....and I miss having little Dennis here already. I am so lucky to have 3/4 of the kids here all the time.

Anyway, the real truth is that I've lost my drive. I go to the loft and just look at all the equipment. I putter arond, and I come back downstairs. And now Grace is napping up there, so I don't even have nap time to work.

If anyone reading has a trick to make me want to sew again, tell me! I used to be able to go up and if I stayed long enough, I'd get motivated. Not working these days.


Sunday, June 25, 2006

Goals for next week.....

I WILL, I mean it....I WILL

1. Finish sewing the tri-recs and gold borders on the the Quiltaholics
2. Work on finishing the gold tone quilt
3. Get the border started on the baby quilt so I can hand quilt in the down times

Sunday, June 18, 2006


Well, very little sewing has been done around here. We have been working on emptying our house in town so we can get rid of it. I have found some treasure, as the title says. I've found a lot of handwork that my mom and aunt did....some experiments in painting on fabric, some odd quilt blocks, and lots of linens and crocheted pieces. I wish I could remember how to crochet. Well, maybe not.

How many afghans can a person have? I guess I have Mom's, Ruby's, and mine, and I bet there are more than a dozen. And I have a huge, huge, huge trashsack full of mismatched skeins of yarn. I'm going to have Holly look through and decide if she wants some of the cooler stuff, and then I'm getting rid of it. (I'll try to remember to take some pictures and post them)

On the quilting front, I have added fabric to the back of the baby quilt. It looks ok, but I'm still unhappy. I have the binding picked out from my stash, and it's laid out to cut, but not done. I am going to have to finish up a few things and pack things away up there so I can pack things up more for company.

Sunday, June 04, 2006


I haven't been sewing a whole lot. I got the 3 quilts back from the longarm quilter, and one of them was quilted off center. The backing now does not cover the front. This has happened once before, so I was very careful to square things up, no uneven edges, certainly big enough. Well. Didn't matter. I am trying to add fabric to the back now so it's big enough to finish up. I realize this isn't the end of the world, and probably will not even be noticed, but I know. And it shouldn't have happened.

I have no idea where another quilter is around here. I have held back several quilts because I didn't think they could do what I wanted, and now I am sure they can't. And I don't like the idea of mailing tops away. Dilemma.