Monday, January 21, 2013

Design Floor/Bed Monday

So I've gotten quite a bit done this week. I think I have made all the blocks I'm going to on the hearts. I love the fabrics in these. They are bright and pretty. Since I have about a bazillion 2.5 inch blocks left, the border will have some in it for sure!
These hearts were sent to me when my mom died several years ago.  I think I'm going to use them on the back somehow.  No use letting them just sit and they a nice memory of a horrible time.
I've been working on Comfort and Joy as well.  It is taking forever because it's hard to pick the fabric I want and then cut it to size.  Right now I'm picking out and cutting the 3.5 inch squares for half squares.  That folder to the right is some of my receipts.  I'm going to try to keep track of fabric in/fabric out!
Thinking through the applique part.
And remember that neat picture of my closet?  This is it today! Hmmmmmm.

I'm having fun looking at your projects!  Such inspiration.  And I've already signed up to do a new sew along.  I'm doomed!

6 comments:

Rabid Quilter from California said...

Love your hearts but when I viewed the thumbnail on Judy's wall, your blocks looked like red and pink houses! My house is all dolled up for Valentine's Day and this quilt would be a great addition! Happy quilting!!

Sylvia said...

I have always liked that heart block pattern, but then I love 9 patches!

Judy Dietrich said...

Clean closets are for boring people who do not create!! Love your heart blocks and think the blocks on the back will make it a special love quilt. Woke up to 4 degrees here in Nebraska today--going to stay in and sew!!

Rhonda said...

Greetings Lois! I love your hearts quilt and the idea of you using the blocks sent to you on the backing.
Looks like you've been very busy and have loads to think about on a couple of the projects. Good luck!!

Rhonda said...

Greetings Lois! I love your hearts quilt and the idea of you using the blocks sent to you on the backing.
Looks like you've been very busy and have loads to think about on a couple of the projects. Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

Love those hearts and using the blocks on the back is a really great idea. I think your closet looks great, I would not have the courage to show mine!!