So it's the last day of the month. Time to look back on what I hoped to accomplish.
1. Finish piecing Christmas quilt. Done!
2. Work on piecing Valentine blocks. Done. In fact the whole top is done. I really wanted to have it quilted, but I'm still mulling over how to do the backing.
3. Work on hand quilting son's quilt. Sigh. No. It's out on the dining table, though. Does that count?
4. Do Comfort and Joy quilt a long. I think I will be finished with this block today. All I need is to pick fabric and prepare the flag, change the front door, and then I'll be ready to iron it on and finish the sew up. I didn't get to start on time because I ordered late. I also wish we'd had a month to work on the patchwork parts. It's taken me a lot of time to find appropriate fabric and get it cut. And I've had to order (such a chore!!) some fat quarters, so there was a lot of time I couldn't work on this one. I love this quilt, though, and I'm glad I'm trying!
How did you do this month? I'm anxious to find out!
Now for February!!
This month is going to be a little wacky since we have some stuff planned that will take me away from the sewing room.
1. Keep up with my row quilt. (See side button.)
2. Do the snowman block of Comfort and Joy.
3. Get moving on the hexie quilt, even if that just means organizing rows.
4. Pull out a quilt that Holly and I worked on last year and figure out what it needs to get finished and finish it if I have time.
That's quite a bit, actually. And it's even a short month!!