Friday, September 01, 2006

Goals

Well, I thought I'd posted the completed ship quilt, but, obviously, I didn't. I did take the pictures....how's that? I won't be posting them anytime soon as the laptop has gone on a little trip to get its fan replaced.

Anyway, here is what I'm focused on at this point:

* Finish about 5 hand stitches to complete binding on baby quilt
* Play with embroidery machine and get some kind of cute label for baby quilt
* Get fabric for backing of ship baby quilt. I know just what I want!
* Start hand sewing the binding on that blue and yellow sampler quilt that I posted
* Keep working on charm Halloween quilt

I bought 5" charms from the Moda Halloween fabric, Trick or Treat Smell My Feet. I really like it. It's "halloweeny" without being skulls and cats in hats. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.... Joy, get it?) I'm going to try to get 1 set of charms done a day, but we intend to work at the old house this weekend, so we'll see. I did get 1 set of blocks done today. This is just an extremely easy pattern. Just sew 'em up in "twosies" and "foursies" and then set them on point. I got the fabric from the Fat Quarter Shop. They always have good service. (No connection, just like them.)

Hope everyone has a happy Labor Day!

No comments: