Saturday, April 07, 2007

I'm still here!

Sorry it has been so long between posts. We have been busy here getting ready for Easter, and we're still working on packing up our house in town. Hope you are having a nice Easter weekend and not freezing like it is here in the hills of Tennessee. (My poor irises!)

I have been doing pretty dull quilting things. First, I am hand sewing on another binding. It's almost done. I'll take a picture when I'm finished. I had bought some backing for the sailboat quilt, and I didn't like it. So I searched for some more that I could stand. I had to hit a couple of places, but I have the same border fabric for the back. I've also decided on the fabric for the binding on a third quilt that is waiting. That quilt is totally scraps and stash, except for the border.

I guess it's time for the confession. I've had a horrible time doing the binding on this quilt. First, it wasn't quilted to the edge like a lot of my quilts are, and I had trouble getting the binding on without little tucks. The quilting had some extra puffy places (you know what I mean?) where the quilt had not been totally pulled flat or something, and that really caused a problem.

As I have done my hand sewing, I have been mumbling, "Better finished than perfect. Better finished than perfect. Better......"

No comments: