Sunday, April 15, 2007

This is finish #2. It's my first attempt at a scrap quilt and it is really scrap. I just picked any fabric I felt like without thinking of how the blocks would go together. I think the blue corners saved it. It's the one with the really weird border/binding, so it's good you can't see the borders. (My husband said he was smiling when I took the picture.)
This is my most recent scrap quilt. Everything was out of my stash, most from other quilts. The colors are gold, rose, and green. I had to buy the border cause I just didn't have anything that would work. I finished hand- stitching the binding this afternoon. I think this started out as a Frenzy from the One Day Quilt Frenzy group.
So I have three quilts finished in the last 3 weeks or so. Now I need to figure out the design for the new grandbaby if it's a girl.

2 comments:

floribunda said...

Hi Onnie -- is your first scrap quilt from the Quiltaholics BOM? I did that one, too. Same idea -- whatever fabric in my stash caught my eye each month! I like the way yours is set and congratulations on getting it finished!

Rose Marie said...

I like your setting for you sampler quilt ... so different from the usual. These quilts are lovely.