Saturday, March 31, 2007

A finish!

I finished hand stitching the binding on my fall quilt last night. Here comes the confession part; I had some fabric for the backing, but I accidentally made this quilt too long (I was on a roll) so I ended up not having enough fabric. I ended up using some of the fabric I bought for the backing for the binding. The machine quilter and I decided to go with muslin for the backing and let the quilting in a dark color be the design. It's quilted in a reddish brown. It's the only one I have done this way.

I have the binding ready for another quilt and will sew it on soon. It's for a scrap sampler I made from Quiltaholics.

1 comment:

Rose Marie said...

Way to go ... one down and one to go! Great looking quilt!