Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Well, I've been a little out of the loop. We've been running around and had to cuddle some grandbabies in Charlotte this weekend. I thought about going to Mary Jo's, but I really didn't need anything, and I'd just add to the stash. I'd like to see the store now that they've changed some things.

I finished my row for the row quilt just this morning.  They don't show up very well, but I embroidered some pine needles for a little more interest.  I'm ok with it, but feel a little bad about not being able to paper piece.
The next row to the quit is paper piecing, too, but I think I might be able to handle just the triangle tops of trees.  And it will be a good start for me.  I've been down in my sewing room hunting for greens and putting together some scraps for trees.
I am ahead in my Comfort and Joy, but still need to do something about the angel hair.  I don't like it so far.  I'm going to start the gingerbread basket later.

This is my major cuddler, Ruby.  She just happens to be the one who is getting the Curly Top quilt from Ewe's Quilting.  I hope that Carole is doing ok from her chemo as the April block has not been posted.  Does anyone know how she is doing?  I haven't had time to check out the Monday design wall posts, but hope to do so today.  It's one of my favorite things to do on the net.

Happy quilting to all!  I'd love to hear from you!

No comments: