Thursday, April 25, 2013

Comfort and Joy (and Trees!)

I love working on my Comfort and Joy quilt. It is so much fun for me. I'm pretty sure my machine applique is bad, but I am still having a great time. In fact, I'm a month ahead!! I hope to start June block very soon, maybe today! I just love picking out the fabrics!

And in case anyone is doing the row quilt, here are my 3 trees from yesterday. I had a horrible time at first since I printed the pp pattern way too big. No wonder things wouldn't fit! Five more to go! I'm really enjoying this quilt!
Here's the whole thing.  My cardinals aren't the pattern that was put up by the designer.  I couldn't do the paper piecing.  It was just too hard for this beginner.  This row's trees are much easier for someone learning.  I just did the best I could by finding a cardinal on the web, doing my own branches, and embroidering pine needles.  I tried to stay in the spirit of the design, but with my own twist.

                                  .

No comments: