Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Throw me something, Mister!!

No sewing has been going on around here for the last couple of weeks because we headed off to Mardi Gras. Last year we went to New Orleans so we tried another one and went to Mobile this year. We had a great time, and then went off to visit family and friends and are home now....and glad of it. Since I had no quilting things to share, I thought you might like to see the beautiful trains and costumes of the queens and kings of the Mardi Gras. The are simply amazing. All are done by hand and are absolutely breath-taking.  All of these are in the Mardi Gras Museum in downtown Mobile.  It's not to be missed!




I kept trying to pick a favorite, which was really impossible, but I think this one below may have won.  The dress was beaded and I loved the dramatic train.



Here are my husband and I on a float replica at the museum.  Anyone want some beads.  We have a ton, but plan on getting rid of a lot to schools and grandkids.  So I'm back and ready to work on the 2nd row of the row quilt, and after I get finished washing that is just what I'll do!
 

No comments: