Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Mary Jo's

I was in Charlotte recently visiting my daughter and her family, and I just couldn't resist a little sidetrip to Gastonia and Mary Jo's. I wanted to take a picture just to prove to everyone how much fabric they have, but, to be honest, a camera would have just slowed me down. It took long enough as it was.

I did, however, keep on task. For once, I had a list of quilt dimensions and fabric swatches. I bought backing for 4 quilts. I was hoping to get the wide fabric, but I didn't like the designs or quality of what they had in stock.

This is a baby quilt that I made from a mystery pattern. It is made from fabric left from my youngest grandson's quilt. I got this blue fabric for the back. I used the same fabric in pink on the top.

This is the all scrap quilt, Chiclets. I really liked the pattern on this gold fabric.
I started to do a tone on tone blue for the back of the blue and yellow, but decided to go with this fabric that matched beautifully.

I got a plain white/off white background for another scrap sampler that I made over a year ago, too. I hope to get at least a couple of these to the quilter this week.

No comments: