Friday, August 16, 2013

Busy, busy!

Much has been going on around here, and, believe it or not, sewing has taken place!! Here's the list!

 First, Grace, my almost 10 year old granddaughter,  made a quilt from a jelly roll. She sewed her little heart out. She wanted her name on it, so I found some letters on the web that she liked and we are now ready to quilt. There is a little problem there. I don't know exactly how and what I'm going to do, but here it is all sandwiched.  She even helped me do this!
Which leads me to the 2nd thing....I took a class in free-motion quilting.  It was an all day class, and to be honest, I was disappointed.  We only practiced about 20 minutes in all the time we were there.  I did learn a lot about thread and weights, tension, and more, but really felt I wanted to practice a lot more with someone there.  I did get help with my darning foot, and I've been practicing a little every day.

Carole at Ewe's Quilting got to feeling better after her cancer treatment, and she got caught up with Curly Top.  I was so excited.  I have one more block to iron down before I start the applique.  I changed the tractor to look like our Gator since little Ruby loves the Gator like crazy.  I am using all stash for this, and it hurts my feelings sometimes since there are so many bright fabrics I'd like to use.

Here is what I want to work on now....

  • Finish the Curly Top blocks and begin the machine applique
  • Finish the quilt that Holly and I are making and get it sandwiched.
  • Do 3 more rows for the Row by Row quilt (see upper right margin) and call it a day on that one.  This might be the first one I try to quilt.
  • Get the last Comfort and Joy block done and start on borders
  • Practice the free motion patterns I've decided to try.
  • Start some secret Christmas stuff!!!  
I've really been enjoying sewing.  We've been busy with company, grandkids, and yardwork, but there is still time for quilting.  I'm so grateful for my blessings!

I'm planning a trip to Atlanta to the quilt show in September.  I'm going to check out the longarms, but something tells me I'm not going to want to pay what they cost.  Does anyone have one they just love?  I'd love to hear about it!  Pretty please!

No comments: