Tuesday, March 05, 2013

What I'm Reading

I am reading Unbroken and it's very good, although it's unsettling. It's about a great runner, Louie Zamperini, and his life. He ended up a Japanese POW, and the descriptions of his treatment while there are enough to keep me up at night. Literally! I read until about midnight, and I was still up at 3:00 this morning. Very good book, but I just don't know how he lived through it. I've finally have the war over and he is home, but you can imagine the problems a man who had been tortured would have.

I have figured out about my library finally and how their Kindle downloads work, so I got Unbroken from them, and next up is The Twelve.  I enjoyed The Passage, so I think I will like this one when I get Louie Zamperini settled!

I was certainly lazy today.  I've been on the computer and then ran around with my grandsons this afternoon.  Nothing in the quilt department accomplished, but I did buy some buttons to embellish the Curly Top quilt when I get it going.

No comments: