Sunday, August 13, 2006

I really have been working.....

honest! I am almost finished hand sewing the binding on a baby quilt. I can't post the picture cause I think it's going to my cousin whose son and wife are having a girl baby! She might come read this, and I don't want her to see it yet. I've also decided I have to redo part of the "oh just let me get this ($*& thing finished" quilt. I can't stand it. I'll take a picture of it when it's finished, maybe later today. Maybe!

So here are some pictures of my friend-like-a-sister and the quilt she and her sister-in-law made. They took the all of Granny's handmade pieces that nobody else wanted because they were worn, stained, or torn. They just started snipping and cutting, and using antique lace, and came out with two beautiful quilts. These pictures are of the first one. She loved doing it, and I think we may go through some of my mom's stuff and do the same thing. I think it's a great idea, and I'm thrilled she'll help me get it done.

Right now Linda is working on a Tennessee themed quilt. I looked at her book and decided there were way too many templets for me to want do it right now. Linda does the most beautiful applique. Makes mine look extremely shabby. I love her anyway!





No comments: