Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pigeon Forge

Well, I went to my first ever quilt show. I had a great time, but was actually a little disappointed. I had built it up so big in my mind that it was way smaller than I thought it would be.  I hope to go to the next one in Atlanta when it comes around.

 I spent a lot of time trying the mid-arm quilters which was really my mission in going. I loved the Gammill Charm, but it would be over $9,000 in the end. I just can't justify that. I also like the Handi Quilter Sweet Sixteen which would be about $6,000. I was also disappointed in the "deals" offered. They weren't really deals, in my opinion. If anyone has any advice in this area, I'd love to hear it. I'm really thinking about the Handi Quilter. Wish I could find a used one.

There were some beautiful quilts!



I have thought about buying this pattern from Crab Apple Hill.  There were 3 or 4 of them at the show.

I think I'm going to look for this fabric to make a quick quilt for the baseball mom in my family.


This lady was giving a cool demonstration on paper piecing and I wish I would have had time to watch it.  BUT.... I had a husband browsing in tool shops and a dog in the car.  We were on our way to see our kids in NC.


But here was the big surprise!!! I was looking at fabric and looked up, and she was at the next booth just visiting! What cool surprise for me.  I talked her ear off about all the pattern of hers I'd done.  I think I bored her to tears!!!

No comments: