Thursday, January 02, 2014

Secrets Revealed!

So I was hand sewing binding at 10:00 pm on Christmas Eve, but I got everything finished.  All 4 of my kids and their families received a quilt and I even finished Grace's quilt.

This is Eva, Mom to two boys and 3 cats (and 3 dogs).  I started these cats for her about 10 years ago.  I had all the blocks done and just had to put it together.  In fact I had so many cats that I still have some left.  I could have made a bigger quilt, but was going to quilt it on my machine so I stopped.  Then I took it to the long-arm quilter.  Go figure.

 This is my son, Chad, and his wife, Sarah.  Sarah's mom is from Korea and I have learned a lot about their culture.  So I made this quillt for them out of Asian themed fabric.  They were very surprised.

 This is Bub and his wife, Ginger.  They are Grace's parents and also have sweet Georgia.  I gave them the Christmas quilt I pieced last January.
 This is Holly and her husband Dennis and a photo bomber, Joe.  Holly and I did this Merry Mayhem (I think) Superbowl mystery a couple of years ago.  She cut and pressed, and I sewed.  We got the fabric at her LQS in NC to go in her den.  It was more work than we could get done in a weekend and I brought it home, put it on the shelf, and forgot about it.  We had it the blocks done, but I had to put it together.  She was surprised.  She said she had forgotten all about it!
And here is Grace with our finished product!
Hers is the one I was finishing up on Christmas Eve.  I think she was happy to see it done.  I quilted it on my machine and did a cross hatch diagonal pattern which was harder than I thought it would be.  Grace and I both learned something.  I bought Grace her own machine for Christmas.  She is coming to spend the day today, and I hope she brings it so we can learn all about it.

So thinking about 2014.  Think I'll do the Fat Quarter Shop BOM for starters.  I have a bunch of butterfly fat quarters that need to be used.  And I need some handwork.

I hope you had a wonderful holiday season.  Mine was fantastic and exhausting!

No comments: