Friday, January 03, 2014

2014 Projects

So I have been thinking this over and deciding what BOMs to jump into.  Decision made.  Well, so far.

I'm going to do the Fat Quarter Shop "Wishes" quilt.  It's right here!  There is a picture of the finished quilt along with January's block.  I'm going to use a bunch of butterfly fat quarters that I have had forever.  I also bought a white butterfly background that I don't think I have enough of, but I'm going for it anyway.  I think I'll just fill in with another white on white, or plain white, if I need to.

I've also decided to do one that I found this very morning on Cyber quilters.  It's at Country Threads Chicken Scratch..  I like this one because you make two blocks a month.  One is half the size of the other.  This year's will be a 10" block and a 20" block.  I looked up the sampler from last year, and I love the different sizes in the layout.

I'm also a little nervous about my Curly Top quilt.  I hate to sound so selfish when she is obviously struggling with cancer and other family problems.  I understand.  I will give her a while longer and then I'll just try to figure it all out on my own.  The Curly top I'm doing for Ruby.  Guess which one she is!!!  And I've decided to design my own straight blonde hair and do one for Georgia.  I have the background and I'm about ready to start it.  Love my girls!!!  (We always do a funny face picture after the "real" picture.  That's where this came from.)



I don't know how many of you read this, but I'd love, love, love to know what BOMs you are doing.  I love to be tempted!  Hope you are not too snowy and cold.  We are excited here in TN to get our tiny bit that stays on the grass!  Happy sewing!

No comments: