Monday, November 18, 2013

Still at it!

So I am still hand quilting. I won't even let myself go to the sewing room. I miss it!! But this is number one on my list. I have 10 days from today.

 Every time I finish something, I decide to add something else.I did the inside  border, and thought, well, I just can't do anymore.   Then I did the outside border, and thought, that's it, I'm finished.  But then I looked at the negative spaces in the blocks and knew I wasn't finished after all.  I'm certainly not very good, but I'm getting better. I'm not using a frame right now.
9 more of these and I'm finished.  Really.  Except for binding.

These were so easy.  I could go one direction!!

I'm going to have to add some batting in the left corner.  Seems like a little poodle thought it would be fun to chew that stuff up!
I've already been to several design walls.  There are so many things I want to do, but have this to finish and then bindings, bindings, bindings!!

2 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Lovely hand quilting! I wish my hands didn't hurt so much so that I could do it, too.

Lois (AKA Onnie) said...

You know, Libby, one minute I'm screaming I'll never do another, and the next minute, I'm just zen and enjoying it. I do know I'll never do a big one, though!!! Thanks for commenting.