Saturday, January 20, 2007

Back in the saddle

Well, my husband's surgery is over, and we are on the way back to normal, but not there yet.

I have decided the way to get back in the swing of sewing is to start a new quilt. Stop laughing. I'm going to the Planet Patchwork block of the month. I did one of their BOMs before (Galactic Twinkle), and I love it. I love it so much that I haven't gotten it quilted yet cause I'm not sure my long arm quilter could make it look like I want it to.

Anyway, the quilt choices are here. Number 4 won, and its name is Celestial Migraine. If you've checked it out, you see why. I love that these quilts are so dramatic, and get me out of my earth tone rut.

Want to do it, too? C'mon...you know you wanna'! It starts Feb 1.

1 comment:

floribunda said...

was Galactic Twinkle the other black one with bright colors -- about 3 or 4 years ago? I did that one, too -- it was the first big quilt that I sent to a longarmer. I'm toying with the new one, but I don't think I'll use black for the background. Still thinking about it...