Monday, January 12, 2015

Sewing Buddy!

I have really had fun this weekend!!! I had a sewing buddy who is not a dog!!! It was so nice to have someone to bounce ideas off and visit with. My friend for years, Joy, is making a quilt for her first grandbaby due in March. It's a little boy, and she is happy beyond words.

 I tried to help her with an easy pattern, so we went with this one. After a few hours of sewing circles on, I realized she'd have been better off with a straight stitch pattern like a Jelly Roll Race or charm squares. I've apologized profusely, but she is happy with her quilt, as she should be. She has taken it off to the long arm quilter today and hopes it will be ready for a shower in February.
This is the quilt from Missouri Star Quilt Company that I'm making for her daughter.  It's all Dr. Seuss fabric.  I'm going to make a small border of the black and then a little wider with the white.  The back is like the white with red stripes.
Here is Joy's complete circle top.  Her daughter's colors are gray and navy.  I think this will fit right in.  Also, she has some deliciously soft gray Minky for the back.  I've never used Minky on a back, so I wasn't much good on advice there.
So I am going to have to quilt the Topsy Turvy quilt myself.  I refuse to pay a long arm quilter when I have that Tiara just sitting there.  So I must practice.  Nothing else to do on days like today....cold and rainy and yukky!!!

No comments: