Sunday, December 21, 2014

Books!

I am really a reader.  My favorite time of day is when I head to bed after a shower and read until I fall asleep.  These days it's more late than early, and it's nothing for me to look up and see it's 2:00 am.

Anyway, I've decided to keep a list of books I read over on the side bar and rate them from 1-5 stars.  I'm calling it books of 2015, but I've started it early.

I just read a book I loved and wanted it on the list!  The Book of Strange New Things by Michel Faber is so good!!  First, let me tell you that I don't like normal books.  Don't mention Debbie MaComber to me.  I can't get through them.  Books I like have to be different.  And this one sure is!

It's about a Christian missionary in the future who goes to another planet to minister to the race who have been found there.  I give it 5 stars!!!  And I don't give my stars lightly.

Let me add that I don't buy books anymore.  Ever since I discovered my library's ebook check out system, that is all I use.  I can have 15 at a time on hold and can check out about that many, but I never do.  I keep up with NPR Books on Facebook and read their reviews and recommendations.  I keep an eye on Book Riot, as well.  I often tell my husband how much money I've saved him, but maybe he'll believe me when he sees my list.

I thought we were going to do this on Judy's Patchwork Times, but I guess it fell by the wayside along with Comfort and Joy!!  (Still finishing up the border applique on that one!)

No comments: