Wednesday, May 29, 2013

So not much happening on the quilting front. First, after husband's surgery and dog's illness, we took out two 10 year olds to Washington DC for a week. It is so much fun to watch them start to see the world. We had a wonderful time. We met our senators,toured and toured, and saw everything we could possibly squeeze in.
Mt. Vernon

Freedom statue in the capitol visitor center.

In front of the capitol and the visitor's center.
So I came home ready to sew and excited to get some stuff done.  And in the car coming home the kidney infection hit.  My back has been hurting since last Wednesday.  I'm on antibiotics, but I'm still having pain.  Don't know what the deal is.

So I haven't sewn a stitch.  I've ordered the fabric from Fat Quarters Shop to make this....
  
I got the pattern from Crabapple Hill Studio.  I am excited to start doing some handwork again.  I could have done some of that.

I also added a button because I'm thinking about starting another sew along with Christa.  I just keep starting and never finishing.  Hopefully I can get down and sew a little today.  I am getting behind.

No comments: