Monday, January 21, 2008

A new post??

Surely not!

If you are reading this blog, more power to you! I have been AWL, and that's the truth.

I have not sewn a thing in months, but have just recently gotten the bug again. This morning, believe it or not, I finished up everything needed for Joey's quilt to be taken to the long arm shop. Joey, my newest grandson, was born Oct. 1. I had it all ready, except piecing the back to make sure it was big enough. I've had issues with that anyway, and didn't want to take a chance.

I also dug out some stash fabric that will work for another backing if I piece a little something on it to give me a few inches. I'm thinking about a green rectangle in the middle. I was bragging about using stash, and my husband didn't appreciate the big deal. I thought he'd be excited that I wasn't spending money!

It's a little hard for me to buy fabric now anyway. My Hancocks has closed and my Hobby Lobby has reduced their quilting fabric. Lucky for me, at this point, that's not a problem. I honestly have at least 20, probably more, UFOs and planned projects.

I will be out of whack for a little while and won't get much done, but I think I am ready to start once again.

Hope everyone has happy 2008....a little late, but sincere. (Just extending your holiday season!)

No comments: